Pages

Saturday 12 August 2023

Thinking of You Poppies




Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

 LIST: Colours (orange, yellow, red, teal, white, black), Techniques (stamping and watercolouring), Elements (poppies, snow, thank you stamped  sentiment, teal/blue edge, watercolouring with a loose feel).

INCLUDE: orange, yellow, red, teal, white, poppies, teal blue edge

MODIFY: stenciling, spritzing technique instead of stamping and watercolouring, gold splatter instead of white, thinking of you sentiment higher on the card, trimmed panel down to leave white border


Micheline's work is absolutely stunning - she uses stamped outlines and watercolours to create little pieces of art that look hand-drawn and painted!

I had a crazy idea that I would stencil some poppies, blend a blue background and then spritz water over the whole thing to get it moving. AND IT WORKED! lol!

I used a Simon Says Stamp layering stencil set, and masked it off so that I only had two of the poppies showing. I blended yellow and red and brown ink onto the petals, and then two shades of green on the stems and leaves. 

Then it was time to spritz it all with water to get that 'loose' look that Micheline had. And I'll be honest. I was scared! lol!

It started moving and then it kept moving and I grabbed my heat gun to dry it before it lost all the details. The colours did get a little paler with the water, but I think it's still really pretty.

Once it was dry, I splattered gold watercolour over top and then stamped my Catherine Pooler sentiment.



1 comment:

  1. A stunning result Ardyth - love the gorgeous, almost ethereal, look of your card thanks to 'running' the colour
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.