Pages

Saturday 19 August 2023

Blue Butterfly Birthday


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (aqua, black, white), Techniques (stamping), Elements (geometric background, butterfly, layered mats, stamped sentiment)

INCLUDE: butterfly, stamped sentiment

MODIFY: layout, stenciled background dots, die cut butterfly, matted panel rather than matted focal image, more blue than aqua, black stamped sentiment


I love the monochrome feel of this inspiration card, especially that tone on tone geometric background.  I changed my layout, and used a gel plate to create a blended blue panel, that I then stencilled  some confetti dots over top. I trimmed it down and added it to a white panel that I had trimmed with a rectangle stitching die to create holes around the edge. 

I die cut a layered butterfly with black on the base, some of the leftover blue gel plate panel for the middle layer and white on top. I glued it down only in the centre so the wings add some dimension. 

I stamped a bold sentiment underneath the butterfly in bold black and added some gems.

2 comments:

  1. A stunning CASE/Limes of the original card Ardyth. Thanks for the video, I will get brave soon and crack open my gelli plate...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Ardyth. I feel inspired to gat out my gel plate today to create sone backgrounds and maybe a card or two.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.