Pages

Saturday 15 April 2023

With Deepest Sympathy


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (green, cream, brown), Techniques (die cut, stamping, blending, splattering), Elements ( stitched frame, tree, ribbon, stamped sentiment)

INCLUDE:  die cut, stamping, blending, splattering, tree, stamped sentiment, tree going over the edge

MODIFY: colours to blue/white, black, frame layout to blended strip in centre, 

EXCLUDE: ribbon, stitching, 





Seems like I rarely choose sympathy cards as my inspiration - like most of us, I prefer happy cards with bright colours. But this inspiration just radiates peace, doesn't it? 

I masked off two edges of my white panel and blended 4 blue/green inks and then splattered them with water.

My original intent was to make the tree die cut the same colour as my darkest ink blending, but I liked the white (although maybe with pine trees, it looks a little Christmassy?). 

I stacked up two tree die cuts and stamped a sentiment from a recent Catherine Pooler Sympathy set.

2 comments:

  1. And it's just lovely

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Ardyth - loving the ombre panel and the trees against it look fabulous. You may just have inspired me for a card I need to make....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.