Tuesday 12 May 2020

Tips for Making Multiples with Stencils!


Over the past couple of weeks, I have been working hard creating cards for the residents of a local nursing home. Our church women's group delivered them on Mother's Day. I had made Mother's Day and thinking of you cards for all the residents and thank you cards for the staff. 

Many of the cards were one-offs that I already had in my 'sell/donate' bin, but I needed to whip up about 150 of them really quick! This was a design that turned out to be very simple, despite the use of an intricate (and very beautiful) PinkFresh Studios cover plate.



  • Cut PinkFresh Studios Modern Blooms coverplate from Neenah 80 lb white cardstock.
  • Used grid on worksurface to position purple tape about 1/2 inch over each edge of the stencil



  • Taped over a 4 x 5.25 inch panel of cardstock



  • Blended small areas with a dauber and Limoncello ink



  • Blended roses with blender brush and Party Dress ink



  • Blended remainder with blender brush and Lime Rickey ink



  • Rolled back the stencil, leaving the purple tape attached to the work surface on one side. 
  • Positioned next piece of white cardstock and repeated



12 panels in about 20 minutes.


The stencil held up but the blending started to get a little muddy so maybe use it only 8-10 times max unless you choose non-complementary colours.


Finished cards with Catherine Pooler Sentiment and green card base.

Here are a couple of additional cards I made with the same method:


For this card I used the new WaffleFlower Big Dots coverplate. I blended Party Dress, Limoncello and Fiesta Blue inks through. My sentiment was created with Lawn Fawn Simple Sentiments and Owen's ABCs.


For this card I used Essentials by Ellen Folk Hearts. I blended Party Dress and Flirty Fuschia ink through the stencil and then splattered Altenew Metallic watercolours over top before removing the stencil. I stamped the sentiment from Essentials by Ellen Totally Random Sayings with Versafine Onyx ink.



1 comment:

  1. You have been very busy Ardyth - with spectacular results, that I am sure were appreciated!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.