Sunday 17 May 2020

Thinking of You



Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Linda (71st Street).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Linda's:
-colours (aqua and purple)
-circle/wreath/doily
-butterflies

I changed:
-emphasis on aqua to purple
-added black

I started by blending Flirty Fuschia and Aquatini inks through a stencil created with the i-crafter Doily die. I love the 'magic' that happens when you mix these two colours - isn't that blue gorgeous?

I trimmed the panel with an Essentials by Ellen Essential Circle die and used a strip from the Rainbow Slider die set for my i-crafter Scattered Thoughts sentiment.

I used the butterfly dies from the i-crafter Love Bugs set to create my butterfly, with a black base so it would be more visible on the busy background.

I cut a slightly larger black circle and used it as an offset mat to balance the black on the butterfly and add a modern feel.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful card Ardyth - love your colours and the offset stenciled circle. A great 'take' on the card by the featured stamper
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.