Sunday 7 February 2021

Scribbled Hearts Love You


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Jen Guarino!

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: colours (teal, green, watermelon, white), big white heat embossed letters, love theme, dry-embossed hearts in the colour-blocked background, sparkly heart, sequins, watercolor, heat embossing (wow, there's a lot going on!)

INCLUDE: background hearts, split 'love' sentiment, horizontal 'stripes' of colour, sequins

MODIFY: changed colours, technique (stencil instead of dry embossing and watercolour), combined 2 layers (background and watercolour), smaller letters, added 'you'

EXCLUDE:heart/sequin/clothespin embellishment, heat embossing

SPIN: 'reverse' frame and white splatter


I blended 3 colours of ink through the Scribbled Hearts stencil, allowing it to fade at the top and bottom. I trimmed the panel with 2 Essential Rectangles dies, to create the cut-out frame, which gives a similar look to a panel on a mat. I used a Posca Paint pen to splatter white over the panel.

I cut Classic Block Alpha letters from silver glitter cardstock and a small 'you' from white cardstock, which I added Serenade ink to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.