Monday 25 May 2020

Scalloped Father's Day


Are you Zooming these days? I have weekly calls with some crafty friends and also with my family, and while I'm on a call, I like to have something to work on. This card came about during my family call this weekend.

I started with a partial rainbow of inks - orange to yellow to green to deep teal and I blended my initial layer of ink:


Then I used the scalloped border die from Stacked Borders 1 to create a positive die cut and a 'negative' border:


I used the negative border like a cloud edge and started at the top (since it was my lightest colour and I didn't want to keep cutting stencils) and blended more ink over top:


Then I used the positive die cut as a spacer to line up the scalloped stencil (and despite my best efforts, I see a slant creeping in! lol!)


I continued working my way through the colours. Notice how the blending smoothed out over time (and also because of the extra layers!)


Here's the finished panel:


I trimmed the panel to straighten out that slant and to allow for a clean white border around the edge of the card.

To finish the card, I inlaid the Happy Father's Day script in the centre of the panel, and also just a part of the Aloha Shaker die into the bottom of the front panel. I added some jewels from Luau and Citrus mixes.







1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful card Ardyth - love your multi-coloured cloud background
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.