Saturday 7 September 2019

FS657 - Happy Halloween


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper, Rebecca (rlsnyder)! I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on:
-layout
-seasonal creature
-gem embellishment


I changed:
-Christmas to Halloween
-technique
-added a sentiment

I started by creating a multi-colour background with 1 stamp, 3 colours of ink and my MISTI. I inked the top of the stamp with Flirty Fuschia, dabbed the 'edge' of the ink with my finger then stamped it down. Then I inked the middle with Juniper Mist, dabbed both edges and stamped it down. Finally, Black Jack on the bottom of the stamp. Dabbing the edges of the ink allows the colours to blend a bit better.

Next, I stamped this new Dino (available Sunday, Sept 8), starting with his mask then masking the mask to stamp the dino and then adding his pumpkin treat basket. I coloured him with Copics and added highlights with a white gel pen. I cut him out with the coordinating die and coloured the white edges with copics so he wouldn't stand out from my night-sky background too much.

I stamped the tiny spider in the top corner and used a small black Pretty Pink Posh Glossy Black gem as his body.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment with Gina K Obsidian ink.


1 comment:

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.