Tuesday 30 July 2019

Hello, Stencil-shift!


Have you ever shifted your stencil? This is an easy technique that works well, especially with stencils that have regular patterns. And it creates a new look, so you can get more out of the supplies you already have on hand!

I used the Catherine Pooler Designs Split Chevron Stencil and blended ink through it before moving it down by one 'row' and blending lighter shades of ink. I chose bold vibrant colours, so to finish the card, I added a lot of white - a wide white border around the panel, a white circle for my sentiment and some white leaves.

I embellished the card with some Nuvo Dream Drops.

Here's a video:



1 comment:

  1. What a great way to stretch the use of your stencils Ardyth, and a stunning result!
    I think that in the end the sentiment across the bottom was the 'right' move with the size of the vine
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.