Monday 29 July 2019

Hello, Hummingbirds!


There's a sale!!

Good morning! Have you seen the photos of the 'rainbow' hummingbirds on Facebook and Instagram?


I just had to try and recreate it with the Pretty Pink Posh Hummingbird Thanks set.

I started by blending my sunny background with Catherine Pooler inks and my Life Changing Blender brushes. I started with Limoncello in the top left corner and blended diagonally toward the centre, lightening my pressure so that there is an area that is white. Then I went over it with Tiki Torch and Mandarin Spice, staying further away from the white area with each colour. I turned the panel and did the same thing on the other corner.

I stamped and die cut the hummingbirds and then coloured them with Copic markers - warm grays for the bodies and muted rainbow colours for the wings.

I stamped a sentiment from Beautiful Butterflies using Versafine Onyx ink and my Mini Misti.

I added some Star Dust Stickles to the rainbow wings and some Sparkling Clear Confetti Sequins to finish it off.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. You captured the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardyth this is an exquisite card - your colouring of the humming birds is amazing, and I love how you have sponged the background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.