Sunday 28 July 2019

Dotty Flowers


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Jeanne Streiff (Jeanne S).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Jeanne's:
-single flower
-dots
-'doodling'

I changed:
-combined flower and dots
-die cut instead of stamping
-colours
-doodled my dots with Copics

I wanted to do something quick, colourful and fun with the Delightful Daisy die and I ended up with 4 variations on a theme (and plenty more ideas in my head for next time!)

Because the edges have a stitched-dot pattern, it's easy to place dots of Copic colour evenly around the petals. I used a rainbow of Copics and then popped it up, added a centre and a sentiment.

For my 4th flower, I used only a Toner Gray marker on the petals, and addd the rainbow to the centre, which also has the stitched dot pattern.

I used the Stitched Plaid Coverplate die and cut a template for placement of my dots on the background for the bottom 2 cards. I didn't put dots in every hole, but using the template helped to give the dots a grid-like feel.

So - which one's your favourite? I'm having a really hard time deciding!




3 comments:

  1. I love the rainbow dots and plain background. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all Ardyth, but think I like the Happy Birthday one the most, but just by a dot... (not a whisker)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.