Monday 22 June 2015

Teacher Thank You (8)


One final set of thank yous to give to one of Kate's teachers. This one was simple, but fun and full of graphic visual impact.

I masked each card front and sponged the main distress ink colour (that's Twisted Citrus on the middle-right card) before sponging the next shade near the bottom. As I worked my way down the rainbow (I started with Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade), I realized that I would have a hard time finding a darker shade than Dusty Concord, so I started again with Mustard Seed and added Twisted Citrus. The only one I had trouble with blending was Twisted Citrus to Salty Ocean (middle right) - maybe the difference in shades was too great and I should have used Peacock Feathers or even Mowed Lawn as the darker shade.

For my sentiment, I lined up the letters from Stampin' Up's new Layered Alphabet on my MISTI and finished the 12 cards (two of each colour) quickly.

Colour combinations

1) Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade
2) Spiced Marmalade and Festive Berries
3) Festive Berries and Dusty Concord
4) Mustard Seed and Twisted Citrus
5) Twisted Citrus and Salty Ocean
6) Salty Ocean and Dusty Concord.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of your cards!!! I'm sure Kate's teacher would love a set of your simple yet colorful cards! Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Ardyth. Oh I'm pinning now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so fun Ardyth! Your ink blending is awesome--I love the ombre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cards Ardyth!
    Love colorblocking :)
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky teachers! First, to have your children as students, then to get these wonderful cards! These are so bold and bright; just love this graphic look. Simply amazing. Love this set. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, one of the best cards ever!!! love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bold graphic cards. Love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are very eye grabbing and beautiful Ardyth! I love how brightly colored they look all lined up. I'm so in love with these and I'm sure the teachers will be too! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome set of cards!! Lucky teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are simply fabulous and I really love that you listed your color combinations on the distress inks. As always, you are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another sigh, Ardyth ... brilliantly bold and graphic, beautifully blended, and a gorgeous rainbow of colours ... yum! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bold, bright and brilliant. Love the shading. Thanks for sharing all the ink color combos with us too :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.