Tuesday 23 June 2015

CASology 152 - Nautical


This week's CASology Cue Card is Nautical!



I used stencilling, sponging and masking to make this card. Not your most CAS techniques, but the result is still CAS because of the clean simple lines and all the white space.

I started by masking a horizontal line on the panel. I positioned my Simon Says Stamp stencil and then used post-it tape to mask off the top of the waves I wanted to use. I sponged that area with Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire distress inks and then removed the stencil. I created a circle stencil with post-it tape and sponged on Mustard Seed and Ripe Persimmon (masking the top of the wave).

I finished the card with part of a CASual Fridays birthday sentiment. It seemed appropriate for this summery/vacation card and I think I'll give it to one of Kate's teachers this week on her last day.

And by one of those coincidences that happen every once in a while, The Challenge's theme is also Nautical this week, so I'm linking up there.

And now it's your turn - I can't wait to see how you're inspired! Make sure you visit the rest of the DT to see how they were inspired!



28 comments:

  1. Great sentiment! Perfect for that super summer vacation feeling! Love how you masked off the bottom of the 'waves'. Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, love this. would love to know how you create so many awesome cards, day after day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the graphic lines and bold colors! Gorgeous card, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's on now! So darling, Ardyth! Lovely addition to The Challenge gallery - see you in September?!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and oh so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so lovely! Beautiful work, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this.so serene and its definitely getting me in the holiday mood....only two weeks to go before the schools break up here!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ardyth. You are the queen of CAS! I just love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously...your designs never seem to stop making my jaw drop open!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, this just shot to the top of the Favorite Ardy Cards list! Simply brilliant design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this card, Ardyth! It makes me happy just to sit and stare at it! Your sponging on the sun is absolutely perfect; just a hint of the Ripe Persimmon and it's got wonderful depth. Gorgeous blues and a sentiment that Kate's teacher will most likely follow all summer long! CAS gorgeousness. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love the dimension of the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Ardyth ... how could anyone not get their happy on seeing this stunning stencilled scene! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is beautiful Ardyth! It sure does make one get their happy on. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Ardyth, can almost hear the seagulls......

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! WOW! WOW! This is incredible. Yep - new #1 fav! Definitely made me get my happy on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Love the sponged, stenciled water--it's just perfect. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this sponged scene you created, especially the way you did those waves.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ardyth, I love your stenciling and masking...so perfectly done! A beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card makes me happy. I love your style, Ardyth! Great use of space and colour my friend. I hope I can meet you this summer! I am coming back East! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.