Sunday 21 June 2015

MCV7 - Keep Calm and Stay Bright


This is my card for this week's Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge, where DT Member Betty Wright has given us this beautiful blue and white inspiration:



I focused on the colour scheme, the layout (image over sentiment), the horizontal strokes of Betty's background and the white image over the blue.

I started by watercolouring a piece of Fabriano 90lb Watercolour paper (from my local art store) with Kuretake Gansai Tambi, in 3 shades of blue. I read somewhere that someone was finding that the lighter paper blends better - not sure I noticed a difference, but I'm happy with my pretty result!

When it was dry, I trimmed it and cut out a Memory Box star from the centre. I used a Neat&Tangled sentiment in Night of Navy ink (stamped twice, using my MISTI).

I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us - this week, Christmas is exactly 6 months away. We're half-way there!  The deadline for this week's challenge is Wednesday at 8 am. At that time you can vote for your 3 Stars (even if you didn't get a chance to link up a card). Voting results will be posted on Thursday at noon. Hope to see you there!

20 comments:

  1. Simply awesome Ardyth! Wow! Stylish and simple but so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply awesome Ardyth! Wow! Stylish and simple but so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this, Ardyth! So pretty!
    I am working on my card today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Christmas card! Navy and white - my all time favorite color combo - so crisp, clean and neat looking:) I like the variegated blue bg. and that Memory Box star has always been one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful,love that background and the star is definitely the star of the show ,it always amazes me how you think outside the box! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning! I would love to see a video on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Ardyth! I love your take on Betty's card, which is fabulous too. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. And so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card ... your blue BG is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. The water coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Ardyth! Love your background and use of the negative die cuts. Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow... the blues blend so beautifully together!And for sure I LOVE the negative die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep going back and gazing at your watercoloring. The blues are layered so realistically; I swear I've seen night skies like this! The star shining in the middle of your panel is beautiful. Love that die!! And the sentiment is perfect for this Christmas card. And wait! What???!! It's not a square card, lol! Beautiful! Really calm. Missing you. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely shades of blues! Love reading of how you made this Ardyth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous CAS Christmas design Ardyth - just love your take on the Muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply stunning. Love this Christmas Card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gasp! Your watercolour night sky panel is stunning, Ardyth ... and even more so with the star die cut into it ... simply and perfectly beautiful! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, these colors are so rich and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.