Saturday 20 June 2015

Teacher Thank You Cards (6&7)


Two more teacher thank yous today (I'm running out of time!!!!) The first one uses the new Simon Says Stamp/WPlus9 Many Thanks set. I absolutely could not seem to make roses that looked pretty (I need to find a tutorial somewhere on both positioning and colour combinations. PLEASE let me know if you know where that lives!), and, feeling the time pressure, went back to a basic colour scheme and layout. I used the sentiment and one of the little dots and my MISTI to whip up 24 of these ones - 12 each for the art and gym teacher.


The second card uses a sentiment from a Christmas set from Simon Says Stamp, Handlettered Winter Wishes. I summered it up with some watercoloured flowers using a Taylored Expressions flower die and some leaves from MFT's Fresh-cut flowers die set.


7 comments:

  1. The diecut flowers card is so pretty, but the first one is my favourite, with the grungy sentiment and dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your thanks card Ardyth! The sentiment and dots one is so cool looking. Boy that was a lot of cards to make! I love the second one, the flowers look amazing! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just such a big fan of your ideas and style! Alwasy inspiring. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth, I love the clean design of your first card (the one with the rainbow-colored spots).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet watercoloured blooms, Ardyth ... and oh my, those rainbow dots with the big bold black sentiment ... swoon! Dawn (WPlus9) did some cards with those roses for the SSS blog hop ...

    http://www.stampawaywithme.blogspot.fr/2015/06/simon-says-stamp-color-of-fun.html

    Nice colours and inspiration! Hugs and Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The teachers likely wish Kate would stay in elementary school forever just to get your gift of cards at year end!

    Love the bold, graphic 'blokiness' of the first card and the gorgeous inked flowers of your second card!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.