Friday 19 January 2024

Distress Oxides + Photo Paper = AMAZING BACKGROUNDS!

 

Usually, I am a one-ink girl, and my inks of choice are Catherine Pooler's dye inks. The vibrant colours, the full first-time coverage when stamping,  the ease of blending, and the water-reactiveness all make these inks my favourites.

But recently, my friend Sasha Reade showed a technique using Distress Oxide inks with photo paper, and I knew I just had to give it a try.

And since practice makes perfect, I figured I would try it 15 times, and use a 2 for 1 design to make 30 cards for my Church Christmas project. This is a great way to really try out the technique, and figure out what works best and what doesn't. 

And running out of the most important colour, really didn't work well at all. Watch here to see my rescue strategy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.