Saturday 13 January 2024

Winter Chevrons

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this layout as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (aqua, red, purple, white), Techniques (digital scrapbooking) Elements (horizontal strip, flowers, pine branches with berries, snowflakes, dots, chevrons, x-stitches)

INCLUDE: aqua, red, purple, white, chevrons, snowflake

MODIFY: simplify number of elements, centre the focal image, one white snowflake on a red circle, one red pearl instead of lots of berries, some clear gems instead of the aqua snowflakes

EXCLUDE:  flowers, pin branches, x-stitches

I love snowflakes, and I love to make Christmas cards, and this colour combination intrigued me. Purple? Really? But it works!

I simplified the layout by cutting back on the different elements and adding some masking and ink blending for dimension. 

I embossed a white panel with a snowflake stencil for some texture, and finished with a red pearl in the centre of the snowflake and some clear gems on the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.