Saturday 20 January 2024

Peacock Thank You


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (Razzleberry, Orange, Olive), Techniques (stamping, die cutting, dot embossing), Elements (3 horizontal panels, butterflies, flourishes, thank you theme)

INCLUDE: purple, orange, green, embossing, 3 horizontal panels, flourishes, thank you theme

MODIFY: layered stamping for the 2 flourishes, put them in opposite corners instead of all along the left side,  embossed the panels instead of butterflies with dots, mixed the colours, die cut sentiment, white card base, not dark

EXCLUDE: butterfly

The repetition of the 3 panels on my inspiration was a really cool idea, with lots of geometric possibility. I chose a layering stamp (a peacock tail, actually) as my flourishes, and included all 3 of my colours in those. I cut them down quite a bit to allow for lots of white space. Before putting my white panels onto my white card base, I embossed them with my current favourite - Dotty Circles from Altenew.



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.