Saturday 23 December 2023

Swirly Joy to the World

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!



LIST: Colours (blue, aqua, olive, white, red), Techniques (die cutting, stamping), Elements (geometric pattern, sentiment strip with stamped red sentiment)

INCLUDE: blue, aqua, green, red, white, die cutting, stamping, geometric pattern

MODIFY: inkblended the colours rather than layering, added die cut sentiment, embossing on circles

EXCLUDE: sentiment strip, olive


This is SO COOL. I love how these patterns create a continuous flow down the card ! I don't often copy a card so closely, but it took me most of an afternoon of trial and error to get a similar look with inkblending so I didn't stray too far from the original (but I have lots of ideas how to do that now!). Seems like the important thing is that the difference in size between the 3 circles has to be equal (ie 1/2 inch). I used 1.25", 1.75" and 2.25".   I taped the blue and green half-circle die cuts together and ran the whole thing through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder for some extra texture, and made a bigger pop of red with my die cut sentiment. This is a really great design that can be used for any occasion. I can't wait to do it again!








1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful 'take' on that technique Ardyth, and I love how you have embossed the pieces. A stunning result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.