Saturday 17 December 2022

LIMES: Glowing Peace & Joy


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (black, white, red/pink. teal/green, blue). Techniques (heat embossing), Elements (colourful ornaments, white heat embossing on black half-circle, pine branches)

INCLUDE: black, white, red, green, blue 

MODIFY: ornaments to lights, black half circle to top half of panel, sentiment black on white, not white on black

EXCLUDE: heat embossing, pine branch

SPIN: used circles to create 'glow' for lights

I love the mid-century feel of these festive ornaments and you know that a big punch of black is right up my alley.

I created my background panel by cutting the light-string from white, black and silver and then inlaying the silver between the black and white portions.

For my lights, I wanted a simple, graphic feel, so I blended ink onto them and then masked and blended a darker shade along the side for 'dimension'. For my 'glow', I used circle die cuts blended with lighter shades of ink. This use of simple shapes also adds to the graphic, almost comic-book feel of this card and calls back to the circular shape of some of the ornaments, and the large black half-circle on my inspiration,

I finished with a very small sentiment stamped in black on white.




No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.