Sunday 25 September 2022

LIMES: Thinking of You


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Crystal!

LIST: Colours (White, black, pink, green, aqua), Techniques (stamping)
Elements (floral background, black frame, black dots, rectangle sentiment strip, 3 gems)

INCLUDE: floral background, black frame

MODIFY: technique (watercolor), splatter (gold instead of stamped black dots), colours (added yellow, orange and purple), stamped sentiment on die cut shadow, orientation

EXCLUDE: black dots/splatter

SPIN: negative frame

I love Crystal's Rennie-type roses and the way the coordinating 'coloring' stamps appear to be scribbled. I thought it would be fun to see if scribbling in similar flowers with watercolour would give me a good result. It didn't.

I'm not a great watercolourist, and when I'm practicing a technique, I always find it helpful to have back-up plans in case things don't end up where I want them. My original intention was to watercolour the flowers and leaves, and then add black splatter. When I was finished painting, I wasn't really happy with how the flowers looked, and I really didn't like the contrast to the white background. Instead of throwing it out, I spritzed a ton of water over it all and got the colours moving, creating a looser, more dreamy look.



1 comment:

  1. Your end result is stunning Ardyth - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.