Saturday 10 September 2022

LIMES: Bursting Happy Birthday

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!


I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Ruby!

LIST: Colours (brown, orange, yellow, white, aqua) Techniques (die cutting, stamping and colouring) Elements (dark background with colourful leaves, chevron pattern, fox/critter, die cut sentiment, buttons and die cut embellishments)

INCLUDE: dark background with colourful shapes, die cut sentiment

MODIFY: colours, layout

EXCLUDE: chevrons, critter, colouring, buttons

SPIN: iridescent gold cardstock for die cut sentiment


I really focused on the randomly placed, colourful leaves on Ruby's background patterned paper, and created my own. I blended blue inks onto a panel, leaving it lighter in the centre for a bit of a glow. For my shapes, I used some off-cuts from the Fab Floral coverplate. I finished the card with a simple layered happy birthday die cut and some Enchanted Forest gems.

I sent this card to my Insta-friend's daughter, Elysha, who is turning 30 later this month, and loves to receive mail! Happy Birthday, Elysha!




No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.