Sunday 23 January 2022

Thinking of You

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, ME! What a wonderful surprise and honour! 

I went way back to 2012 to choose my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (aqua, blue, green, white, yellow), Technique (ink blending, heat emboss resist), Elements (daisies, yellow dots, white frame, tall green stems)

INCLUDE: Colours (blue, green, white, yellow), ink blending, yellow and white flowers, white frame, tall green stems

MODIFY: inkblending is vertical, rather than horizontal, flowers are tulips, not daisies, die cuts rather than stamped, grouped together rather than spread out. Added a sentiment, heat embossed the sentiment rather than the flowers

EXCLUDE: resist, texture on the background

SPIN: square card, stickles

So in 10 years, I'm happy to say that I think I'm better at inkblending! lol! 

I used my 5 rules for getting a smooth blend:

1) smooth cardstock  I use Hammermill 100lb Digital Color Copy Cover

2) blending brushes (I find these easier than blending foams) 

3) juicy ink pads (Catherine Pooler inks are my go-to!)

4) lots of colours - there are 5 colours on this panel. It's easier to blend colours that are close together

5) lots of layers of ink - this cardstock was quite saturated with ink by the time I was finished!

The tulips and leaves were die cut from white cardstock and coloured simply with Copic markers.

(Click here for Jan 31, 2012 blog post)

2 comments:

  1. Huge congrats ... I had so much fun using your LIMES technique for designing my card today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great honour - congratulations, and I love your CASE of your own card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.