Sunday 15 August 2021

Amazing Day


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Glittergal! 

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (blue, teal, purple, black, white), Elements (butterflies, stripes), Techniques (stamping, ink blending, die cut)

INCLUDE: colours, die-cut butterfly

MODIFY: butterfly is heat-embossed, and smooshed, stripes are white on black, horizontal not vertical, more black, less white

EXCLUDE: background butterflies, ink-blending

SPIN: square card with 'overhang' that will fit in A2 envelope



I started with the butterfly. I stamped and heat embossed the butterfly on watercolour cardstock. Then I smooshed Lime Rickey, Fiesta Blue, Grape Crush and Pucker Up ink onto my Waffle Flower water media mat, spritzed it with water and picked it all up with the butterfly panel. I dried it and repeated the process a few more times. When it was dry, I spritzed it with shimmer spray, and then splattered metallic watercolours over top.

I cut three strips from white cardstock and stamped my sentiment on the centre one.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Ardyth! Love that butterfly and those gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Ardyth - what a fabulous butterfly, and I love how you have used it
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.