Pages

Sunday 27 December 2020

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Ina (aka yellowrose46)! 

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: 'heathery' colours (green, pink, red, gray, white), white words, dots, 4 square shapes, frame, fancy fold

INCLUDE: colours, 4 geometric shapes with white words

MODIFY: squares to circles, background 'dots' become focal points, frame the whole card, rather than each shape,

EXCLUDE: fancy fold

SPIN: negative rather than positive die cut words.

I was initially attracted by the heathery colours of this pretty card, along with the use of words as focal points.

I thought it would be fun to 'combine' the dot element with the focal words by changing the squares to circles.

I used Essential Circle dies to cut the circles, and blended Catherine Pooler inks on them. I cut an Essentials by Ellen 'happy' from three of the circles and inlaid a Lawn Fawn 'birthday' into the 4th. I spritzed them with Avery Elle Clear Shimmer spray before popping them up on a white panel backed onto a gray mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.