Monday 8 June 2020

Summer Flowers with Layered Stencil Technique


Same technique as last week, this time with a different Birch Press Design layering die set (Lumina). Like Epiphany, there are lots of things you can do with this set, but I seem to be a little focused on this layered stencil technique.

I love the 'dimension' it gives and it's so easy to change the look by changing the colours.

Have you guessed which flowers I'm trying to represent here?




Gerbera Daisy (I used Catherine Pooler Melon Ice, Lime Rickey, It's a Girl, Coral Cabana, Party Dress and then Rockin' Red just on the far left edge of the top layer).  I made only the centre part of the inner circle green, to represent the small centre in the photo.




Sunflower (I used Sand Castle, Over Coffee and Icing on the Cake, Limoncello, Sauna and Polished)

To intensify the colour on both the flowers (and soften the starkness of the white lines), after I had finished all 3 layers of stencils, I blended a very soft layer of the lightest colour over the appropriate areas. This time, the flower centre is larger.

Both cards have a simple Happy Birthday sentiment from Memory Box , backed with some glitter cardstock from Twinkling Jewel and Delicate Pastel 6x6 paper pads.


If you missed it, here's the video I shared last week, showing many techniques with layering dies, including this one:



4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try these techniques with the layering dies in my collection ... thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever,I news to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Ardyth - once my house is repaired and the bills paid, I must put layering dies on my wish list!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post. I won a three cover plate BP set ($72) two years ago and struggle to use it mostly due to gluing it together. I'll get it back out again

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.