Sunday 7 June 2020

Sending Sunshine!


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Patty (PattyBennett).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Patty's:
-colours (red, white, blue and yellow)
-blue background with white stripes
-circular yellow element
-sunglasses
-dot embellishments


I changed:
-direction of background stripes
-daisy to sun
-sunglasses on my sun
-layout

I love Patty's 'dazzle' sentiment - such a great word! So I dazzled by using lots of glitter cardstock on my card.

I used the PinkFresh Studio Color Block Stripes Coverplate die with Memory Box Twinkling Jewels Glitter cardstock in 2 shades of blue and red. I did partial cuts of each because I knew I didn't need all the strips for each colour. I also cut one from white, (a full one this time - I keep the strips for future sentiments). 

I inlaid the blue stripes into the white frame and left one open. I trimmed it down to a square. For the red one, I used two of the narrower strips from the frame to emphasize the white sentiment strip and I extended it beyond the edges of the square I had cut.

My sun and sunshine word are from the new i-crafter Hello Sunshine Wiper Die set. The sunglasses are from Making Faces and the stamped 'Sending' is from Scattered Thoughts.






2 comments:

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.