Sunday 21 June 2020

Time for Wild Roses


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Patti (pspapercrafts).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Patti's:
-big red flowers
-white background

I changed:
-accent colour (green to blue)
-technique
-position of sentiment


I started by watercolouring this Memory Box Wild Roses stamp with Zig Art & Graphic Twin Tip markers on Arches Cold Press watercolour paper. I am still learning to control these markers, and this time I built up my colour by using a number of layers and shading of pale colour.  I used the coordinating die to cut them out.

I blended blue ink onto a white panel of cardstock and spritzed it with water for some interest.

I used small strips of foam tape to pop up the roses and stamped a sentiment from Blooming Spring.

4 comments:

  1. Ardyth, this is simply gorgeous! Love your beautiful coloring and blending on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card Ardyth - you colouring is amazing, and I love that sponged corner as the background for the roses
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring is beautiful! Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning I love the colours

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.