Friday 29 May 2020

Hooked on You - Catherine Pooler Fly Daddy Release


So, a couple of months ago, I was asked to be a guest designer for the Catherine Pooler Designs Fly Daddy release. I said yes and they mailed me some goodies to play with. And then Covid struck and my package took a 6 week (yes. 6 weeks) layover in Miami. I guess the fishing is good there! lol!

Anyway, I missed the hop, and the package finally arrived this week and this is my first card with this fish-themed set.

My background was inspired by Captain America himself (or maybe his Missoni shirt).


I started by blending a white panel with Shea Butter, Sauna, Polished, Stone Blue and Juniper Mist inks. Then I overstamped with the Painted Stripes background stamp. I used my MISTI and stamped the same colour over the same coloured area by inking up only a few stripes at a time.

I stamped the fishing rod and sentiment with Midnight ink and then added some fish in the 'water' by stamping them tone-on-tone.

I didn't want to give up any of the background, so I used a stitched rectangle die from Postage Stamps dies and popped it up in the centre. I added some of the BlackFoot River sequins around the sentiment - such a fun mix with some really neat sequins!




5 comments:

  1. Love the inspo for this one, Ardyth! What a great looking place to get a crafty idea going! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Ardyth - loving your background, and how you have stamped the fish!
    I am waiting for a package that has been in Chicago since may 2nd, so still two weeks to catch up on your parcel's layover :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a shame you missed the hop but a gorgeous creation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous; as always, clever and inspiring! Your inspiration photo...oh my! Very handsome *grin*
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA! Love that inspiration! LOL. Sending hugs to you!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.