Sunday 31 May 2020

Butterfly Hello!



Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Chrysi (knoxville8625). I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Chrysi's:
-butterfly theme
-horizontal pop of colour

I changed:
-ribbon to alcohol ink
-added another butterfly


I started by trying to create the look of the ribbon with Alcohol Inks on Yupo paper. I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm a little bit of a control freak. And I don't know if you know this about alcohol inks, but you can't control them. So that's a match made in heaven, right? LOL! This was my 4th or 5th panel.

When I finished that, I put some yellow, pink and purple inks down on another piece of Yupo paper. This was actually easier, because I knew I was going to die cut it and I wasn't worried about keeping the colour in a particular area of the panel. 

I die cut two of the butterflies from the panel, and placed them on top of my 'ribbon'. I didn't love the blue/green showing through the holes, so I used the negative pieces of the die cuts to draw two outlines onto white cardstock. I cut them out with scissors and glued them behind the butterflies. Now I'm kind of wishing I had thought of using vellum for a more translucent look, but these are nice and bright.

I used a Copic marker to colour the bodies black. 

Finally, I stamped my sentiment. I don't have any black Stazon ink (which is good for stamping on non-porous surfaces), so I used my Catherine Pooler Midnight ink. This ink is archival (the rest of her colours are not), and although it took a long time to dry, it worked.


4 comments:

  1. This is stunning, the way the colours Juno from the white background is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Gorgeous!...I love your work! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Great idea to use the alcohol ink as a ribbon replacement; need to add that to my 'remember' list!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your results Ardyth - and yes I am not surprised to hear you are a control freak as you call yourself... looks as though you gave yourself a good workout right brain workout on this card :).
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.