Sunday 26 April 2020

Church Christmas Cards April (Let Us Adore Him)



Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Gloria (designzbygloria).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Gloria's:
-red, green & white
-plaid
-holly
-white die cut focal point for sentiment

I changed:
-orientation
-no blue
-no stamped/coloured holly
-no red border die cut

This is the design for my April set of Church Christmas Cards. I ran out of time, and this card is very simple, so I did not make a video this month.



Here's how I made 32 of these in about 2 1/2 hours:

-used Memory MISTI to stamp 2 different plaid tone-on-tone backgrounds onto 2 red cardbases at once. This was a 'new to me' process but it worked well!

-used a higher contrasting ink and stamped plaid onto some green cardstock using the same technique as above.

-die cut all the shapes for each card at once. This includes 2 Pretty Pink Posh Holly leaves and berries, as well as the white panel using Pretty Pink Posh Decorative Tag 2 all in one pass. This meant I did 32 passes through my die cutting machine.

-I used some speckled 'natural' white paper that I have had for ages. Not too sure I'm loving the speckles....

-used an offcut from the label as a template, so that I could place the die cut into the hole, and use my MISTI to stamp the sentiment in the same place on the label

-glued the holly and berries on with liquid glue

-added Christmas Red Stickles for some sparkle.

I now have 127 cards complete for this year - only about 200 to go!


 

1 comment:

  1. What a great card for rapid mass producing Ardyth, with a wonderful result
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.