Thursday 26 March 2020

Oh, baby, baby! (Card for twins!)

click here for my 30 Days Colouring post.


Good morning! Today the Ellen Hutson Design Ambassadors are having a little Sprinkle for our teammate, Emily, who is expecting twin boys soon! (you can see the rest of the team's cards on Ellen's blog here).

A Sprinkle is a toned-down baby shower for second babies. Or, in this case, 3rd and 4th babies, since Emily already has twins at home!

Congratulations and best wishes to Emily and her family!

To make my card, I used the new Stripe Background stamp to create a plaid panel with Juniper Mist and Aquatini ink. Then I blended Juniper Mist, Fiesta Blue and It's a Boy over top to create a more tone on tone look.

I cut a circle using one of the new Essential Circles dies and turned it 90 degrees so that the plaid is going the other way. I blended Juniper Mist ink around the edges.

For my sentiment, I used letters from words from the Block Words die set. To save me having to line them up, I glued them down in a bouncy way on purpose!

And finally, I added some little otters from Otterly Awesome, holding some hearts from It's a Date.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Ardyth! This is just darling! You ladies have totally made my day in the midst of all of this craziness! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such fun Ardyth, those otters are just too too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color choices for the plaid. Very fun addition of the otters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Ardyth - for a very special occasion - my Aunt had two sets of twins in 54 weeks - I do hope Emily has a wee bit more time between her sets of twins than that!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' the plaid background--and the OTTERS!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.