Pages

Thursday 31 October 2019

Baby, it's COLD! (Catherine Pooler Designs Release)


I'm so happy with this card - you are thinking it's just snowflakes, right, but look how I made them!


Yep, I used the little tree stamp from the new Catherine Pooler Designs Baby It's Cold to create the arms of my snowflakes.

I started by stamping 4 snowflakes onto a white panel of cardstock so that I knew I had them nicely spaced out. I created each snowflake by stamping one tree, and then the one opposite it (so 12:00 and 6:00), then I filled in the rest. This helped me with my six-arm spacing!

Then I stamped the tree 12 times on another piece of cardstock. I used the new ink colours and the blender pen to colour the trees in and then I used the coordinating dies to cut them all out.

I coated each one with WOW! Embossing Ink and Wanderlust embossing powder and then popped them up over 2 of the snowflakes I had stamped, letting them hang over the edge of the panel cut with the stitched rectangle from Postage Stamp dies.

Once I did that, the centres weren't really beautiful, so I covered them with a doubled-up sequin mix from the new Cincinnati mix.

 

4 comments:

  1. This is such a neat card! So much fun to see what you can come up with. Thanks for being so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative you are Ardyth to see a snowflake in that wee tree stamp. Your card is breath taking
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love this unique card! Great color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this is where I fail, so often I don't see beyond the image in front of me. Liz

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.