Monday 17 June 2019

Stretch Your Stamps - You Can Do It!


Today I have a easy card where I created a flying bird out of a sitting bird.

I stamped and the bird from Tropical Birds twice onto white cardstock. I used Copic markers and coloured one of the birds fully and for the second one, I just coloured the wing.

I used a co-ordinating die to cut the bird, but for the wing, I used my scissors and fussy cut it. The wing has nice smooth curves so it was really easy.

Then I played around a bit to position the wing behind the bird to make him look like he's in flight.

For the background, I stamped the branch and tiny flower from Tropical Toucans a few times down oneside of the panel, and around the edge of a white 4.25x4.25 card base.

I stamped the sentiment from Tropical Toucans, leaving space for my bird above it.

I backed the panel with a narrow black mat and then glued it to the card base. I popped the bird up with foam tape and added a few jewels from the Luau mix to the flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and cheerful card Ardyth - love how you have 'stretched' your stamps
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.