Sunday 16 June 2019

Stretching a Stencil with Masking (feat. Alexandra Renke)



Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Julie (mfb).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Julie's:
-inkblended 'circular' focal image
-coloured sentiment strip

I changed:
-season/occasion
-technique
-colours

I used an Alexandra Renke stencil and masked a portion before blending Catherine Pooler inks over it. Then I turned the card and repeated the masking and blending to form a symmetrical focal image.

I created a black sentiment strip with a wonderful die cut from Tonic December Skies paper.

Here's a quick video:




2 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Ardyth (even if the green was brown tinged) and a great video.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great idea, always nice to find new ways to use stencils. Thanks for the idea 👍

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.