Tuesday 18 June 2019

Eclipse Cards for Friends


Good morning! Today I'm back with some more eclipse cards. This pair was made for teen sisters who will be moving away from our church over the summer. I wanted to make them 'same but different' cards and I used our church colours and some sparkle.

I started by stamping a stripe on each card - one in portrait position, the other in landscape.

I used Samba, Limoncello and Fiesta Blue, letting the inks blend to create other shades. And then I stamped again, this time with WOW! Embossing ink before pouring Wanderlust embossing powder over and melting it with my heat gun.

I cut the words out from the colourful areas. I kept all the letter centres. Then I cut 3 more of each word from white cardstock.

I put tape behind the colourful panels, and I inlaid the first white die cuts directly into them, before I stacked anything. I found that this made it easier to put the letter centres in place. At this point I had a flat panel, with an inlaid white die cut in each.




Rather than stacking this time, I built up my stack on the panel. These word dies can easily shift and move and I wanted them to exactly line up. 
I created my sentiments from various Catherine Pooler stamp sets, which are all linked below.
I added some jewels from Pretty Pink Posh for even more sparkle.



1 comment:

  1. What wonderful cards Ardyth - love how you have coloured the panel and also thanks for sharing how you added the layers of the die cut words
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.