Sunday 3 March 2019

FS630 - Thinking of You


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Olga Jewell (memorykeeper). I chose this card as my inspiration:




I focused on Olga's:
-leaf row theme
-green and white colour scheme

I changed:
-horizontal rather than vertical row
-die cut leaves
-no pop of another colour
-no green stripes

I started by trimming a white panel to 4x4. I used an old favourite - Essentials by Ellen Bold Blossom leaf dies to cut a row of leaves from the panel. I used the 3 full leaves and then cut 2 extras so that they would fit into the partial cut outs in the panel, and hang over the edge. This 4.25x4.25 card will still fit into a regular envelope.

I blended Lime Rickey and Spruce ink onto each leaf before inlaying them back into the panel. I used tape on the back to hold the leaves in place so that I could pop the panel up and create dimension and a window effect.

Is it just me? These leaves look like they are rounded but they are flat against the white panel - an interesting illusion, I think!

The card base is made with Oyster cardstock for a bit of contrast. The sentiment is from Totally Random Sayings Vol 1.

I used:







No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.