Wednesday 20 March 2019

Catherine Pooler Designs Instagram Hop


It's release day at Catherine Pooler designs! Tropical Treasures is now available and we're having an Instagram hop to celebrate!

I created a quick Instagram video showing how I did this foiling around the edge of my circle panel, so be sure to check it out.

For this card, I used a square panel and drew lines from the 4 corners to find the centre, using a pencil. Then I cut a circle with a die, trying to make sure the centre was in the centre, if you know what I mean!

Then, I used my foil press with a template created from vellum with a circle cut out. I drew lines on the vellum so that I could place each 1/8th of the circle in the same spot. I left the die in the same spot, turning the circle panel to put the foil in the same spot. I used silver sparkle foil from Gemini. It adds a very subtle shine around each flower.

I stamped the flower from Be Wild inside each foiled impression and then I used Copics to add more detail and dimension to the stamped images.

I blended It's a Boy around the edges before popping up the circle panel on a plain white cardbase.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card for a beautiful person. All moms are beautiful in my opinion. Looks like it's a great release collection too! Welcome Spring!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.