Tuesday 19 March 2019

Alcohol Inks - Thanks


Last week, I went to Virginia to visit my sister for a few days. I am so lucky that there are a number of my crafty friends who live nearby, and I was able to meet up with some of them.

Jessica and Cheryl came to my sister's house one evening for some conversation, snacks and a lesson in alcohol ink. Jessica was the teacher, Cheryl and I were very eager and willing students!

This was the second panel that I made that evening, with lots of coaching from Jessica!

I used some Ranger Alcohol ink as well as a Copic refill (B99) along with some Pinata Brass ink. I used an air puffer to move the ink, and a small paint brush to splatter some of the gold and some alcohol over everything.

And just before it was dry, I laid down some Gold Shimmer foil and it adhered in the 'sticky' places, adding even more shimmer!

I finished this card by inlaying a Catherine Pooler thanks die cut that had been heat embossed with Wow! Metallic Brass embossing powder. I think this swoopy font goes perfectly with the shapes formed in the alcohol inks.

I can't wait to practice and make some more of these panels!


10 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, there is so much movement. I love playing with AI, it is addictive I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardyth... Your panel is beautiful. I have been struggling with alcohol ink. It seems to be hit or miss whether I end up with a panel I like. I have used a straw to move ink but I am just not strong enough... the air puffer sounds like a great idea. Is it as simple as the air puffers used to clean camera lens? Or something different? Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous Ardyth! πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm curious about the heat gun affecting the Yupo paper. Do you have any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That blue is so intense! I tend to shy away from super dark colours but when it’s monochromatic it’s so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful - did you use "hot foil " to get this effect ? I have foils for Glimmer machine so will they work ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW ! Totally stunning, Ardyth ! This AI background is unique and I love the gold adds on it. The gold thanks die cut makes the perfect final touch. LOVE IT ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty, Ardyth - love the colors you used - think you have the AI technique mastered!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.