Monday 25 February 2019

You're So Sweet


I made this card with the Sparkle Dots Pattern Set 2 stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh. These sets have little outline dots in various shapes, so that you can stamp them and then place some Pretty Pink Posh jewels on the little dots to create a lovely sparkly shape!

There are several of these sets and Sparkle Dots Pattern Set 1 has a heart shape, but my set does not. It does however, have a petal shape, and I used it to create my pink heart.

I started by stamping the full petal of dots on the right, in pale gray ink. Then I flipped the stamp over, and used the back of the stamp and some pale pink ink to create a solid shape around the grey guideline dots. I masked that petal and then stamped the left side - first the grey dots, and then flipped the stamp over and used the back with some darker pink ink.

I put a jewel in each 'guide dot' using a Jewel Picker and liquid glue. I used the Valentine Mix and used lighter jewels on the right side and darker ones on the left.

I finished the focal panel with a sentiment from Cupcake Critters and a little sprinkling of jewels (at least one might be hiding a little pink smudge! LOL!) I created a pink mat by blending the edges with darker pink ink and popped the two panels up with foam tape on a white card base.

I think this could actually work as a card for a new baby, or for anyone who loves pink!

I used:

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just such a sweet card. love the textured heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea for using up some bling! Thanks, I love your card.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.