Saturday 13 October 2018

Christmas Elf


This card is a peek into one of my family's Christmas traditions. If you know me at all, it will not surprise you that we are very orderly on Christmas morning. We take turns opening Christmas presents (youngest to oldest) and everything gets written down in the book so that we can write thank you notes. Over the years, we have developed the tradition of having someone play the role of Christmas 'elf' - this person sits by the tree, and hands out the presents in the correct order.

I knew that this new Bookworm Leading Lady from Essentials by Ellen, paired up with some of the presents from the Holiday Shopper lady would work perfectly for a Christmas-morning-at-Ardyth's-house scene!

I started by cutting a Concord & 9th Christmas tree out of masking paper and using the negative to blend ink. I used a sentiment from C9 as well.

I coloured the Bookworm Lady with Copics, wearing her a Christmas outfit and put the presents around her. 

I used:

2 comments:

  1. An awesome tradition Ardyth - I could never get DH to slow down so we could all savour the moment of the gift opening! Love your card, and you have combined the two sets beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice you can memorialize a tradition with a card. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.