Saturday 13 October 2018

FS610 - Happy Birthday


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper,  Angel Shaver (MonkeyDo). I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Angel's:
-bear
-blue background
-birthday theme

I changed:
-technique (watercolour background)
-colours (changed yellow to rainbow)
-balloon to gift, panda to bear
-layout

I created my blue background with Zig Art & Graphic Twin markers in various blues, scribbled on a craft mat, spritzed and then picked up on the watercolour cardstock. This is similar to last week's card for the Ellen Hutson release - video here.

I then cut it with a pierced square mat and used a curved landscape die to cut off the bottom, similar to this card. I am often unsuccessful at embossing sentiments in white onto a darker background, so I love this simple trick of creating some white space for a sentiment!

I stamped the Neat & Tangled bear and coloured him and his present with a rainbow of Copics. The sentiment is from a new Neat & Tangled set. The "C" on the tag is the first initial of the 15 yeard old girl who received this card - I did it by hand with a Copic multi-liner.

I used:

2 comments:

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.