Saturday 6 October 2018

Amber's (Masculine) World


Happy World Cardmaking Day! Catherine has lots of fun going on at StampNation all weekend long, so if you're a member, maybe I'll see you over there!

I challenged myself to make a masculine card with the new Amber's World set from Catherine Pooler Designs. There's a LOT of flowers in this set, but with a bit of masking, it's easy to make this more masculine card.

I started with the globe stamp. I thought about performing stamp 'surgery' and cutting out the flowers from the centre, but they are really really close to the globe 'holder', so I could tell it was going to be very tricky. So I did some masking instead.

I placed the stamp on the door of my MISTI and then I grabbed a circle die that fit just inside the solid globe 'holder' (what is that called?!) cut a mask, and placed it over the florals in the centre. Just like this:


Then I inked up the holder and peeled off the mask. I checked for any tiny bits of ink that may have gotten onto the flowers and wiped those areas clean with my fingernail before stamping it.

Then I created a smaller circle mask, a negative one this time, and I placed it on my panel. I blended It's A Boy ink in a circular motion, leaving it lighter in the centre, to create some 'dimension'. I added a few blobs of  Lime Rickey - for something like this, there is no need for precision.

I stamped the sentiment and hearts over top of my earth so you can't really tell that the continents are not exactly right! LOL!

I cut the panel with the scalloped rectangle die to make a scalloped square (video here). and backed it onto a panel of Chocolate cardstock cut just a bit smaller so that it would peek out between the scallops.

I used:



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.