Saturday 8 September 2018

FS605 - You Are Wonderful



Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Jo Anne Hewins (jostamper52).

I chose this card as my inspiration:




I focused on Jo Anne's:
-leaf theme
-wonderful sentiment

I changed:
-colours to autumn
-die cuts instead of stamping

I used Copic markers and coloured some strips on a piece of cardstock in 3 shades of yellow, then 3 shades of blue and 3 shades of orange-red. I left them a bit stripey and unblended so that the variations would be visible.

I partially embossed the white background panel with an embossing folder and then inlaid the 'wonderful' and stamped the 'you are'. 

I die cut the branch in gold mirror card two times and also out of the coloured strips. I trimmed one of the gold branches into two pieces, glued all branch outlines to the embossed panel and then inlaid the leaves.


Here's a quick video (even quicker than I intended, since I paused the camera while I ran the embossing folder through the Big Shot, and forgot to turn it back on while I inlaid all the leaves.... grrrrr!) LOL!


I used:

3 comments:

  1. Love this card Ardyth - so striking with the inlaid die cuts and the silver 'wonderful', and the colours are so striking against the plain background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your custom leaf colors, and the cattywampus embossing. Did the embossing folder fit the Big Shot at that angle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and the creative way you colored for the die cut. I am wondering how you did the embossing with the folder on the corner and still fit it in your Big Shot. Could you please explain how you did that? I’ve wanted to do something like that but couldn’t figure out how to make it work!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.