Sunday 9 September 2018

Essentials by Ellen September Release - Animal Box Toppers


It's a big day at Ellen Hutson - the new holiday release is here! It's HUGE and there's something for everyone!

I'm on the blog with some of my Design Ambassador Team-mates with these super-cute treat boxes made with the new House Box Die set and the Animal Box Toppers Die set. As you can see, these dies have flexibility to come up with new and amazing creatures in as many ways as you can imagine!

The House Box die is also very versatile - I used it here as my animals' bodies, but it can be a simple cube treat box or a house box, and the set includes windows and a door for everyday, Halloween and Christmas!

Here are a couple of tips I discovered while working with these dies.

  • If you have a large die cutting machine that can take a full 8x11.5 (or bigger) sheet of cardstock, you can squeak 2 boxes out of one sheet by laying them perpendicular to each other like this. 
  • 80lb cardstock is sturdy enough to make a box that can hold some treats, but is still easy to score and fold. 110lb cardstock will make you work a little harder! 
  • Cutting the Animal Box Topper dies from white cardstock and then colouring with Copics is quick and easy, and allows you to customize your colours
  • These guys will work with lots of previously-released Essentials by Ellen sets as shown above.
I made a video showing how I made the Rudolph treat box:


I used:

3 comments:

  1. What fun boxes Ardyth - I thought of a house as you were making the box, so it was great to hear they have other matching dies for them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.