Sunday 5 August 2018

FS600 - Stand Tall


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Dani D. I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Dani's:
-flamingo/leaf theme
-use of watercolour technique

I changed:
-more white space
-two flamingos
-split sentiment
-ro ribbon

I started by using a faux-watercolouring technique for my leaves. I positioned the leaf on my MISTI, inked it with Catherine Pooler ink and then spritzed it with water before stamping. Once the panel was dry, I splattered Black Jack ink over it and stamped the zig-zag pattern with Midnight ink.

For the flamingos, I stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and embossed with Wow! Clear embossing powder. I watercoloured them with 3 colours of Catherine Pooler inks and a Tonic Nuvo Waterbrush, and then cut them out with matching dies.

Once everything was in place, I stamped the senitment.

I used Stand Tall from the Tropically Yours Stamp of Approval Collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.