Tuesday 21 August 2018

August Essentials Challenge - Alcohol Ink


There's a new challenge on the Ellen Hutson Blog - it's the Essentials Challenge and this month, the challenge is to use Alcohol Ink. The challenge runs until September 18. At that time one randomly-chosen participant will get a $50 Gift Certificate to Ellen's shop!

A while ago, I made this card for a Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge and I had a lot (A LOT) of my alcohol ink backgrounds left over, so I used them here.

But I did something more to them.  Recently, I watched a video by my Design Team-mate Sandy Allnock, who used a Copic Colorless Blender marker on her background. That was a real a-ha moment for me! It seems obvious (I used the colorless blender solution to make the backgrounds, it was (or should have been!) a very small step to using the marker to add details). But my brain hadn't made that connection! LOL!

Anyway, I cut a bunch of trees and berries from the Modern Christmas die set out of my green and red backgrounds and arranged them on my card front. I cut HoHoHo from Concertina Tag and inlaid it into the panel.

Then I took my Colorless blender marker and put little dots on the tree. The marker did pick up the green ink, but I just scribbled it off until it was clear again.






3 comments:

  1. Fun little trees, and thanks for the tip on the blender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful and colourful trees Ardyth - a lovely card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper cute Christmas design Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.