Wednesday 22 August 2018

Masculine Birthday


I made this card for my neighbour's brother, who is turning 96 next week. Her two requests were that it say 96 and that it be 'manly'.

I started with some old (OLD) Stampin' Up! patterned paper, and I die cut a circle out of it. I inlaid a white circle into the hole to create a solid panel and then die cut the MFT Happy Birthday sentiment out of that. I also cut it in red, and inlaid it all into the panels. If you look closely, you'll see that one little piece went missing - so frustrating!!

I used number dies from SugarPea designs (appear to be retired - can't find them on the site), stacked them up (2 layers of black and a layer of gold sparkle on top) and then simply added a few gold confetti sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I stamped an old MFT sentiment (We're not getting old, we're getting awesome, also retired) on the inside and delivered it to my neighbour last night.

Sorry - most of the stuff I used was old, from my stash, but you get the drift and can likely make something similar with stuff you have on hand.

I used:

3 comments:

  1. This looks so cool. Reminds me of those black plastic boards where you put in the letters in to the spaced grooves. Nice highlight on the 96.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Ardyth - love the paper, it looks corrugated at first glance. I had to look VERY hard, but I did find where the little bit escaped!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous Ardyth. Love every detail and I'm sure your neighbor will too!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.