Friday 27 July 2018

Muse 276 - Happy Anniversary


I had fun making my card for this week's Muse Challenge, where Guest Muse Bharati gave us this sweet inspiration:



I focused on Bharati's:
-rainbow, geometric background
-focal image with two 'bumps'
-strip sentiment with white embossing

I created my background with an MFT background stamp embossed in white on watercolour cardstock. I slopped (sounds messy, but it's true!) Catherine Pooler inks all over it in several layers so that in some areas with was blended and in others it was layered.

The heads of the hedgehogs made me think of a tilted heart so I kept it clean and simple with a white Heart Stax (these appear to be discontinued, so I linked to the Pierced Heart Stax below). I finished with a simple sentiment embossed in white on a black strip.

I used:


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love that background, perfect with the white heart and contrasting sentiment, so striking, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on the Muse, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No votes but wonderful card to look at. Your colours are beautiful and bright and the black and white strip down the side just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous watercolored background and I love your take on the 'heads of the hedgehogs'...so clever, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ardyth, I had instantly fallen in love with your take on the Muse card when i saw your card on IG. I had to come here and leave you some more love. Its nice to see how you have fabulously incorporated the elements of the Muse card. I am amazed at your interpretation of the bumps of the critters and love the black border all around. Fantastic take on the Muse card. Thank you for playing. Hugs - Bharati

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.