Saturday 13 June 2015

Happy Birthday, John!


Today is our nephew's 10th birthday. I came up with this design when making a card for one of Kate's friends last week (see below). I used the Papertrey glasses die to create sunglasses and then masked a yellow/orange circle behind it. I think that works for a couple of reasons - one it looks like a sun. It also looks a bit like a face with the glasses on it. And finally it just adds some fun, bright colour.

I love the 'spectacular' pun (Technique Tuesday) and finished the sentiment with Lawnfawn's Harold's Alphabet. The 'shine' on the lenses came from my white distress marker.



12 comments:

  1. Your innovation never ceases to amaze me, Ardy! This is - in the words of Adam and Henry (fellow ten-year-olds) - COOL!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is just genius Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh- how cute are these glasses! Perfect for a tween~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say this is just spectacular, Ardyth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your inspiration never ceases to amaze me, Ardyth! These cards are gorgeous...and love the sparkle on the lenses...nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool with a capital C, Ardyth ... and completely awesome! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first glance, I saw a face...then I saw the sun with a face! Totally fun and "cool"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why this card cracks me up so much but I LOVE it! It's just so darn happy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these cards are spectacular Ardyth! Pun intended! lol love those large sunglasses, and wondered how to use them when they first came out at PTI. I love how you have used them, and I love the yellow "sun". Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic design for those cards.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.